THE HEART OF OUR COMPANY
Since day one VIBA has distinguished itself for the great attention it devotes to market evolution and to its varied requirements, attempting to devise adequate solutions for all types of requests. VIBA avails itself of sophisticated technologies and an excellent collaboration, as well as a synergic exchange of information with the other VIBA Laboratories outside of Italy, who although operating independently, follow the common methodologies of the mother company.
The VIBA laboratories are the real focus of the company. Equipped with cutting-edge scientific instruments for the chemical-physical characterization of polymer-based materials, they prove to be the engine of real improvement.
Progress always begins with research. The company is first of all a dynamic and reactive group able to ride the changes of the business, anticipating the future to offer cutting-edge solutions.
In the VIBA laboratories, excellence is a constantly evolving process, aimed at satisfying the innumerable product variants required and able to anticipate future market trends.
Products with the VIBATAN® trademark are appreciated by a wide range of clientele both domestic and international. This mainly thanks to the work performed in the VIBA Laboratories who constantly steer their research and efforts towards innovative solutions.
R&D is mainly carried on by VIBA S.p.A. and is daily focused on satisfying requests for colour matching and additivation which arrive from the most differentiated industrial applications: Agriculture, Tubing, Cables, Automotive, BOPP, Packaging, Medical, Fibers, Construction, Synthetic Turf and Grass, Petrochemical, etc..
The main instrumentations in use at VIBA’s Laboratories are:
- Colorimeters and spectrophotometers equipped with proprietary software developed by VIBA for making Colour formulations
- Melt Flow Index meters (MFI) and a Capillary Rheometer
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Microwave Extractors for the quantification of inorganic substances by means of combustion
- FT-IR Spectrophotometers for quality /quantity analysis under transmission or reflection in connection to a microscope
- Accessories for Far-Infrared analysis and reflectance
- Spectrometer UV-visible for quantification of the UV-visible band and light diffusion in the visible spectrum
- Analytical instrumentation to determine volatile compounds
- New Karl Fischer for the quantitative analysis of humidity; for thermal analysis a DSC (Differential Scanning Colorimeter) and an OIT (Oxygen Induction Time) instrument
- A gas Picnometer which automatically takes density measurements
- An optical microscope section dedicated to microscopic analysis (stereomicroscope, traditional microscope , digital micro-camera)
- Extruder dedicated to filter testing
- Combustion chamber for testing how products react to fire
- Equipment for both bubble and cast film extrusion
- Injection presses
- Light cabin
- Equipment for testing Antifog performance reproducing in the field agricultural condition for greenhouse exposure
- QUV to evaluate resistance to exposure of goods stabilized with Anti UV additives
- Suntest equipment to evaluate discolouration of goods exposed to sun light